Monday 4 February 2013

Be My Valentines: Fleur de Sel Peanut Butter Cups

Love is sweet guys!! 
'Be my peanut butter cup'

I love Reese's peanut butter it has it all salty, sweet, smooth goldenness,what could be better. 
So i thought to myself what better way to kick of my 'Be My Valentines' than my homemade Peanut Butter Cups. 
I gave them a slight twist by using 70% dark chocolate and fleur de sel.

By the looks of it they have went down a treat as there was just a paper trail left.
I refrained my self to a cheeky wee one as i ate half the jar of peanut butter!! 

I got 20 mini cups out of my batch this morning. 

These couldn't be easier to make and you can whip up a batch in no time to share with your valentine!!

Recipe

Ingredient:
  • 400grams of Good Quality Dark Chocolate (you could use Milk)
  • 20 mini cupcake cases (paper or silicon) + Cupcake Pan
  • 1 Jar of Good Quality Peanut Butter 
  • Fleur de sel salt 
  • 2-3tablespoons of icing sugar 

Method:
  1. In a heat proof bowl melt 200grams of dark chocolate in the mircowave (keep an eye on it), Meanwhile fill the cupcake pan with cases. Use a pastry brush or small paintbrush to coat the insides of the mini cups, making sure to coat the sides and bottoms well. For a quick fix transfer the tray to the freezer until the chocolates set or if you have time place the tray in the fridge. 
  2. Mix together the the peanut butter and icing sugar until combined. Using a small spoon fill the chocolate cups nearly to the brim with the peanut mixture. Once you've filled every case give the tray a few gentle taps to smooth out the peanut butter. 
  3. Its now time to melt the remaining chocolate, top each cup with a heaped teaspoon and smooth over. Once the chocolate begins to set sprinkle over a small pinch of Fleur de sel onto each cup and refridgerate until completely set. 
  4. If your giving them to you valentine fill a cellophane bag with the peanut butter cups and tie with a pretty red bow. 
Now don't go eating them all in one go!!

Love Lx 

 

2 comments: